Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Revamping My Goals

After feeling very overwhelmed by so many things this morning, I've decided I need to be more realistic with my goals. 

Was 45 pounds in seven months do-able? Absolutely. 

Does that feel do-able while trying to maintain a family and my mental well being? Not so much. 

So I have given myself until December 31st to lose the weight needed to get retested for insulin resistance. Then I'm giving myself another year to get to the weight in my "normal" range. This means by my 30th birthday, I'll be at my peak health and weight. And while I hate the idea of taking so long to get the results I want, I know I might actually stick to it if I do it this way. And if the results happen sooner, awesome. 

I don't know. Maybe I'm giving myself an excuse to be lazy and not on top of things. Maybe. But as of this moment, nothing is feeling do-able, including a clean house, folded clothes, a balanced budget, happy family members, and my sanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment